Albion Farmer’s Market Coordinator Job Posting
Position Title: Albion Farmer’s Market Coordinator
Status: Part – Time, $10 / hour
Travel: Occasional, minimal anticipated
The AEDC has an immediate opening for a Coordinator positon for the historic Albion Farmer’s Market for
the 2018 Summer season. The market is held in the Stoffer Plaza in downtown Albion, providing
customers and vendors a covered area to sell and shop. The 2018 market runs every Saturday from May
5th to October 27th, and on Wednesdays in June, July, August and September. The Albion Farmer’s Market
is growing and looking for a market coordinator who is passionate and motivated to help it grow to reach
new customers in and around Albion. We currently participate in a variety of Food Assistance Programs,
including SNAP, Senior Project Fresh, and WIC Project Fresh. The market typically serves 100-200
customers during peak season market days, and 350+ on special event days.
Please see Position Description below for more details and requirements.
Cover letter, resume and references should be mailed, emailed or delivered to the address below by
April 30th, 2018 to be considered for this position.
Re: Farmer’s Market Coordinator Position
PO Box 725
Albion, MI 49224-0725
Pass Drug Test & Background Check
The Albion Farmer’s Market Coordinator is responsible for the development, implementation and
administration of the Albion Farmer’s Market and the administration and management of the food
assistance programs. The Coordinator works to increase vendor participation and customer traffic
through marketing, advertising, networking and social media.
The Albion Farmer’s Market mission is to provide a marketplace for farmers/vendors to sell fresh, local
and regional food/agricultural products and artisan items to the community. The market is managed by
the Albion Economic Development Corporation and the Albion Food Hub and is located in the Stoffer Plaza
in downtown Albion, providing vendors and customers a covered area to sell and shop. The market
accepts various food assistance programs as well as cash and credit. The 2018 market runs every Saturday
from May 5th to October 27th and on Wednesdays in June, July, August and September. This position
would work approximately 5-6 hours per week for the season and approximately 9-11 hours during the
Depending on grant funding, this position has the potential of increased hours (28 hrs. week) to allow for
a year round Farmer’s Market and increased promotion of the market activities.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
The Albion Farmer’s Market Coordinator will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• Assist with the strategic direction, planning and management of the Albion Farmer’s Market.
• Manage vendors, collect vending fees, assign vendor spaces, and monitor vendor displays to
ensure that all products are displayed in accordance with state guidelines.
• Recruit new vendors to increase product availability and diversity.
• Administer and manage Food Assistance Programs (FAP), including SNAP, Senior Project Fresh,
WIC Project Fresh, and local food bank market currency. This requires assisting vendors with
product eligibility determination, recording and reporting FAP usage, ensuring vendor
repayment, reporting FAP sales to appropriate state agencies and promoting FAP usage at the
• Plan and execute monthly special events to drive customer turnout. These events will require
coordination of special vendors, music, prepared food service (i.e. food trucks), and special
• Publish marketing materials to promote vendors and products and manage the Albion Farmer’s
Market social media.
• On site management during set-up, operation and tear down on market days. Assist vendors
• Ensure the market area is clean and safe for vendors and customers.
• Lead and engage a group of volunteers to assist with market activities and operation.
• Collaborate and network with other farmer’s markets in the region.
• Assist in the development and implementation of an Advisory Council for the Albion Farmer’s
• Other duties as directed.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
• Dynamic, creative and passionate individual with a strong sense of commitment and teamwork
• An Associates degree in a relevant area of study or professional experience in relevant area is
• Michigan Farmer’s Market Association (MIFMA) Market Master Certification Preferred.
Required to be certified within 12 months of hire.
• Passion for strengthening the local food system for the community.
• Experience in food programs and Michigan produce seasonality preferred.
• Experience in vendor style markets or farmer markets greatly preferred.
• Entrepreneurial energy, high level of initiative, positive “can-do” attitude, flexibility and
• Demonstration of project management experience required.
• Excellent verbal, written, communication and customer service skills.
• Ability to develop, implement, nurture and evaluate programs.
• Experience in managing and creating relationships with multiple partners, patrons and
• Possess working knowledge of the internet and proficient use of Microsoft Office Outlook,
Word, and Excel software.
• Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
• Demonstrate a high level of self-direction and an orientation to achieve results.
• Must have reliable transportation for travel throughout region.