Executive Assistant Job Posting
Position Title: EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
Reports To: President & CEO
Date: May 3, 2018
Status: Part Time, Hourly (**Possible Full-time with Project Management Responsibilities**)
Travel: Occasional, minimal anticipated
The AEDC has an immediate opening for an Executive Assistant position. Salary will be commensurate
with experience. This position may require non-typical hours occasionally. Please see the attached
Position Description for more details and requirements.
This position has the potential of promotion to full-time Project Management for the right candidate.
Cover letter with salary requirements, resume and references should be emailed or delivered to the
address below by May 18, 2018 to be considered for this position.
Re: Executive Assistant
1002 N. Eaton Street
PO Box 725
Albion, MI 49224-0725
Pass Drug Test & Background Check
The Executive Assistant provides executive support to the President of the AEDC and serves as liaison to
the Board of Directors. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small,
mission-driven environment that is results and community oriented. Ideal candidate will have the ability
to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication,
administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple
priorities. Must be able to work under pressure and handle confidential matters with discretion.
**This position has the potential to go full-time with additional project management responsibilities if the
candidate shows promise and demonstrates a high level of commitment and willingness to manage
multiple projects and competing priorities with a strong desire to help change and impact the Albion
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• Complete a variety of administrative tasks for the President and team, including managing an
active calendar of appointments.
• Provide administrative support to the AEDC, receive and screen phone calls and emails, offer
assistance to visitors.
• Process accounts payable, maintain appropriate files and financial reports as required by the
President. Provide a monthly consolidated financial statement.
• Plan and coordinate events hosted by the AEDC.
• Plan and coordinate monthly board meetings, including posting as required by Open Meetings
• Assist in preparing items for board and committee meetings, participate in assembling the agenda
packets, and draft minutes of the AEDC Board of Directors meeting.
• Research and respond to requests for information.
• Design, prepare and print marketing materials on an as needed basis.
• Proficient in social media.
• Maintain office supplies and order as requested.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
• Dynamic, creative and passionate individual with a strong sense of commitment and teamwork
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly
with excellent attention to detail.
• High level of confidentiality required.
• Strong analytical, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; able to communicate with
a broad and diverse audience at all levels.
• Possess strong working knowledge of the internet and proficient use of Microsoft Office Outlook,
Word, Excel and PowerPoint software.
• Strong strategic thinking and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
• Demonstrate a high level of self-direction and an orientation to achieve results.
• High school diploma required and some college preferred.
• Associate (required) or Bachelor’s degree in public affairs, communication, public administration,
business administration, marketing, economics, finance or similar preferred for the advancement
to the Project Management position. Work experience will be considered in lieu of education.
• Must have reliable transportation for travel throughout region. Transportation costs are
recouped through mileage reimbursement.
The Albion Economic Development Corporation (AEDC) is a public economic development organization
that manages three public corporations which work in close cooperation to encourage a healthy and
growing economy for Albion. Through the management of the Tax Increment Financing Authority (TIFA)
and the Brownfield Redevelopment Authority (BRA), the corporation works to retain, expand and
recruit business and industry to the greater Albion area and strengthen and revitalize the local economy.
The AEDC works to transform the local economy through growing and attracting businesses; building
workforce capabilities and alleviating conditions for unemployment, and revitalizing Albion’s core
development centers. The AEDC is responsible for the development and operation of the Albion Food
Hub, the Albion Farmers Market and the Albion Business Incubator located at the Albion Industrial Park.